Thursday, March 8, 2012

Operation Beautiful

by Alyssa


We hear so many negative messages from the media, our peers, and sometimes even ourselves. It is really easy to get caught up in external beauty and forget that inner beauty and strength is far more important. I came across Operation Beautiful about a year ago and I was so inspired by what I read. Caitlin, the founder of Operation Beautiful, started the blog as a way to end negative self-talk and remind everyone that they are beautiful.

The idea is simple – she encourages readers to post anonymous notes in public places for others to find. These notes will hopefully brighten the day of whoever finds them and remind them that they are beautiful just the way they are. I love this idea, so I decided to post some Operation Beautiful notes around my college campus. Here are a few of them!

On a random mailbox.
In a library book waiting to be found!
Women's bathroom mirror.
On a bathroom door in the coffee shop.

We want to challenge you to post your own Operation Beautiful note today! And remember…you are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment