Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ombre Glitter Nails

by Alyssa


I am obsessed with glitter nail polish! I usually have a bright solid nail color on four fingers and glitter on one accent nail. I was excited to change things up a big and try out some ombre glitter nails. Getting pretty nail polish and creating fun designs is a fabulous way to add style to your look without spending much money. As a college student, that is always something I'm looking for! Here's a tutorial for this super fun and easy manicure.



As always, start with a clear base coat to protect your nails. Add two coats of any solid color polish. I love the clean look of this Essie polish that I used!


Wait for the first two coats to dry all the way, then add a VERY thin coat of glitter polish on the whole nail. Make sure you don't use too much!


Carefully paint a thin coat of glitter polish on the bottom third of your nail, then let it dry completely. Add one more stripe of glitter at the very bottom of your nail, then finish it off with a clear topcoat. And there you are! You have beautiful ombre glitter nails.


The colors I used were Sally Hansen Invisible, Essie Sand Tropez, and Color Club Take the Stage.

2 comments:

  1. I want to try this look with a white base polish. Do you think the glitter would show better on a white pearl polish or just a regular white polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use a pearl white! It's much more classy and pretty! However, I think glitter would show up just as well on either. :)Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete