Saturday, March 3, 2012

Baked Apples

By Brianna





I have quite the sweet tooth but do not enjoy all the sugar and calories packed in most treats. If you are the same way, I think you will enjoy these delicious baked apples. This is a simple recipe. Most of you probably already have these ingredients lying around in your kitchen. If you try these out, let me know how you like them! ( I apologize for the poor quality photos. The only camera I had with me was my Iphone.)






Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
8 same-size Gala apples
8 teaspoon-size pieces of butter
1 cup apple juice
6 sprigs fresh mint

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a small bowl and Set aside.

Core apples, making sure not to puncture a hole in the bottom of the apples so that the juices will remain. Remove skin from around top of apples at the opening. Fill each cavity with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Top each apple with a teaspoon of butter. Place apples in casserole dish and pour apple juice around them. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh mint, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment