Friday, February 17, 2012

Lace and Thrifting

By Brianna


Last weekend, we spent a day thrifting in Hollywood, and I wanted to wear something comfy but still adorable. I opted for this burgundy cotton skirt from Target. It's super comfy and gives off an effortlessly cute feel! A solid colored skirt like this should be used as the focal point of an outfit. So, I paired mine with a cream colored lace top from Delia's. Since I don't have any crazy patterns going on, I like to add interest through different textures. However, be sure that one is more subtle then the other. That way they aren't competing.


To show off my figure, I cinched the outfit together with this dark brown waist belt from Forever21. When wearing loose fitting clothes, it's important to remember to show off your figure in some area. This way you don't look too frumpy.


To accessorize, I added this pair of aviators from Target and this hat I picked up while thrifting. I kept my hair understated, so that it wouldn't overwhelm the simpleness of the outfit. This braid is different, though. I braided one of the sections before braiding the three together. This makes it look much more interesting than the average braid.

Hope this post gave you some inspiration to look cute next time you're in a lazy kind of mood. Have a wonderful day! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment